Electronics Engineering is the study of the design, development, manufacture and application of electronic devices, circuits and systems. In this field of Engineering, ideas and innovation become reality in the form of personal computers, mobile telephones, pacemakers, radio, television, industrial control and satellite communications systems. Electronics Engineers have the opportunity to work with contemporary industry developments such as the growing business of optoelectronics which deals with hardware that converts electrical signals to visible infrared light or vice-versa. Examples such as solar cells, LEDs (light-emitting diodes), fiber optics and lasers, which are integral components of everyday devices like compact disc players, supermarket barcode scanners and long distance systems.
- To produce highly qualified and motivated Electronics Engineers who can participate in technological development and research activities at national and international level.
- To attract, develop and retain dedicated, excellent teachers, scholars and professionals from Electronics Engineering background who are committed to make a significant difference in the lives of their students and the community.
- To develop professional Engineers who possess a comprehensive knowledge of Electronics Engineering, an ethical attitude and awareness of environmental issues.
- To produce world class graduates through quality education, practical training and interaction with the professional industry and social organizations.
- To nurture creativity and critical thinking in the application of Electronics Engineering skills when facing global challenges in the technical arena and research activities.
- To provide students with a fundamental knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering in order to solve Engineering problems in areas which may include controls, network and circuit analysis, communications, analog and digital electronics, microprocessors and microcontrollers, embedded systems, VLSI, signals and systems and image processing.
- To teach students a comprehensive knowledge of Electronics Engineering so they may comprehend, analyse, design and create novel products and solutions for real life problems through a beneficial multidisciplinary approach.
- To inculcate in students a professional and ethical attitude as well as effective communication skills in public speaking and writing.
- To prepare students for demonstrating their broad knowledge and skills related to design, application, installation, manufacturing, operation, testing and maintenance of electronics systems as required by professional industry.
- To prepare students for the pursuit of post graduate programs.
- To give students an ambition for constant self improvement through a process of lifelong learning which may be applied to improve one’s research attitude and sense of entrepreneurship.
- Ability to apply knowledge of differential equations, vector calculus, complex variables, matrix theory, probability theory and basic sciences.
- Ability to apply knowledge of electrical and electronics Engineering to identify, formulate and solve related problems.
- Students will be capable of designing analog electronics circuits and conducting experiments, data analysis and interpretation.
- The ability to design and analyse digital and mixed signal systems.
- Students will be able to visualize and work on real life applications of Electronics Engineering.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, softwares, equipments and modern engineering tools to design and analyse problems.
- Students will gain an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Highly developed communication skills in public speaking within a multidisciplinary environment and developed skills in technical writing.
- Students will have developed a knowledge and awareness of contemporary issues impacted by Electronics Engineering solutions.
- Students will develop aptitude in self education, entrepreneurship and ability for lifelong learning.
- Ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, GRE, TOEFL.
|Bachelor of Engineering
|Electronics Engineering - Program Details
||University of Mumbai
||4 years, Full Time
||2 semesters each
||Theory, Practical, Oral, Term Work
||Conducted by University of Mumbai