The field of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
is the utilisation of complex apparatus and electronic mechanisms to produce state of the art telecommunication systems capable of processing information at incredible speeds. Specialist engineers of this field design the electronic equipment devised to revolutionise the industries of entertainment, IT, communication and defense. As developments in communication technologies continue to shape and increasingly improve our daily lives, electronic engineers gain a crucial catalytic role in evolving modern society. As globalization continues, modern engineers face the exciting challenge of providing the technological infrastructure that will accommodate instant international communication. The curriculum of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
equips students with a rigorous understanding of basic science and engineering concepts so that learners may acquire a full knowledge of computer architecture and microprocessors, VLSI and embedded systems, electromagnetic field theory, analog and digital communication, digital signal processing, microwave and broadband communications.
We shall strive towards producing world class engineers who will continuously innovate and upgrade telecommunication technology to provide state of the art, hazard-free solutions for mankind. We seek to inspire, educate and empower students to ensure an environmentally sustainable society.
- Designing technology to the criterion of global telecommunication institutions and then excelling beyond this benchmark.
- To expose students to highly complex problems and solution structuring techniques.
- Educating students to become learned individuals concerned with the progression of a peaceful society and a sustainable environment.
- Students will acquire a fully comprehensive knowledge of mathematics and basic science. Mathematics is mandatory to Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and is vital to increase students’ analytical ability.
- Students will be capable of solving complex Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering assignments via the application of principles of Mathematics, Science and Engineering and including incorporation of modern innovation techniques of these fields.
- Students will be trained in creating solutions to modern challenges facing Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering through the use of analytical skills and software/hardware components.
- Students will receive an in depth knowledge of Analog Communication, Digital Communication, Electromagnetism and Wave Field Theory via the Communications section of the Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering syllabus. Students will experience working with radio and TV electronic systems.
- Students will gain a comprehensive knowledge of advancements in the fields of Mobile Communication, Microwave Communication, Satellite Communication and Radar.
- To stimulate our students interests in pursuing higher education and research projects in order to continue professional development in the field at national and international levels.
- To give students awareness of ethical, social and environmental issues particularly that which concern their chosen field.
- Graduates will have a complete knowledge of mathematics including such methods as Laplace Transform, Fourier Transform, Stochastic Process. Graduates will be proficient in analysis and design in the field of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Graduates will have comprehensive abilities in identifying problems and optimal solving techniques.
- Graduates will be experienced in using cutting-edge software tools and equipment in data collection, interpretation and application.
- Graduates will be capable of designing new technology in the field of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Graduates will be highly proficient within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Graduates will be eligible and competitive in pursuing further studies and their chosen career path. Graduates will be confident in further academic progression through such exams as GATE, GRE, GMAT CAT, CET and UPSC.
|Bachelor of Engineering
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering - Program Details
||University of Mumbai
||4 years, Full Time
||2 semesters each
||Theory, Practical, Oral, Term Work
||Conducted by University of Mumbai