Computer Engineering is the key that will open the door to a professional career in the continuously changing technology sector. With the development of faster hardware components and new communication software and systems, there is a demand for Engineers who study the design of digital hardware and software systems. Graduates of this program are grounded in scientific, mathematical, and technical knowledge provided through a syllabus that is updated with current technological advancements; they develop the ability to analyse, synthesize, and design both core parts of modern computing systems and integrated application systems centered around computers. The course encompasses a wide range of topics including computer architecture, operating systems, computer networks, security, robotics and artificial intelligence.
The department is equipped with state of the art infrastructure to accommodate the esteemed, dedicated faculty. Computer Engineering graduates are required for prestigious software and hardware industries therefore may choose from many career paths.
To evolve to become an institution at the centre of academic excellence which can accommodate the rapid developments in the field of Computer Engineering.
- To produce highly qualified, motivated graduates who can meet new technical challenges, contribute effectively as a team member and be innovators in computer hardware, software, design and application.
- To pursue creative research and new technologies in computer engineering and across disciplines in order to serve the needs of industry, government, society and the scientific community.
- To teach strong ethical values and social responsibility
- Graduates will have the knowledge, skills and attitude that will allow them to contribute significantly to research and the pursuit of new knowledge and methods in Computer Engineering and furthermore, will communicate highly effectively when working in team.
- Graduates will function ethically and responsibly by remaining informed and involved as participants in the profession and society as a whole. Graduates will successfully contribute their ideas in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Our graduates will continue to apply basic principles and practices of engineering in the field of Computer Engineering for the benefit of society.
- Our graduates will use their theoretical and technical knowledge of computer science to specify requirements, develop a design, implement and verify a solution for computing systems of different levels of complexity.
- The ability to apply knowledge of mathematics including probability and statistics, computer science, and their applications in the field of Computer Engineering.
- The ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to organize, analyse, and interpret data.
- To create and develop innovative computing solutions using scientific approaches as well as the advanced practices and standards for meeting users needs.
- The ability to work and function effectively in a multidisciplinary team to accomplish a common goal.
- The ability to identify, formulate and solve Computer Engineering problems relating to hardware and software using fundamental Computer Engineering principles.
- An understanding of professional, legal, ethical issues and responsibilities concerning the field of Computer Engineering and it's surrounding contemporary issues.
- An ability to effectively communicate technical information in speech presentation and in writing formats.
- A vital understanding of the impact of Computer Engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and social context.
- Graduates will fulfil a process of lifelong learning and therefore constant improvement.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, modern hardware and software engineering tools necessary for Computer Engineering practices.
|Masters of Engineering
|Computer Engineering - Program Details
||University of Mumbai
||2 years, Full Time
||2 semesters each
||Theory, Practical, Oral, Term Work