|Masters of Engineering
|Information Technology Engineering - Program Details
||University of Mumbai
||2 years, Full Time
||2 semesters each
||Theory, Practical, Oral,
This undergraduate program introduces students to the steps necessary to analyse problems in the field of Information Technology Engineering. Assess the local and global impact of computers on individuals, organizations and society while learning how to identify and define computing requirements appropriate for solving real life problems. Information Technology Engineers study how to design, implement and evaluate a computer - based system, process, component or program to meet desired needs of individuals and industry. This course leads students to recognize the need for continuing professional development and imparts an understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security, social issues and responsibilities concerning the field of Information Technology Engineering.
To become a reputable world-class institution that is responsive to national, regional and global development needs through engaging in dynamic knowledge creation, innovation and application.
- To expand the frontiers of knowledge through the use excellent conditions for teaching-learning and research.
- To contribute to the transformation of society through creativity and innovation.
- To serve as a dynamic custodian of society's moral values and thus sustain its integrity.
Once completing Electronics Engineering MA program, students are expected to apply their expertise to contemporary problem solving, be engaged professionally in industry, have proven capable of lifelong learning through a process of constant self improvement, and have contributed to their organizations through leadership and teamwork. More specifically, the key objectives are to develop expertise, engagement, learning, leadership and teamwork.
- Graduates should demonstrate peer-recognized expertise together with the ability to communicate effectively in the contemporary problem solving process of analysis, design, and also the evaluation of computer and software systems, including system integration and implementation.
- Graduates should demonstrate engagement in the engineering profession, locally and globally, by contributing an ethical attitude and creative practices to Engineering or other professional careers.
- Graduates should demonstrate lifelong learning so they may adapt to a constantly changing field through graduate work, professional development, and self study.
- Graduates should demonstrate leadership by taking initiative to advance ethical professional and organizational goals, facilitate the achievements of others, and obtain substantive results.
- Graduates should demonstrate a commitment to teamwork while working with others of diverse cultural and interdisciplinary backgrounds.
- Ability to apply knowledge of differential equations, vector calculus, complex variables, matrix theory, probability theory, physics and electrical and electronics engineering.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve electronics engineering problems.
- Ability to design electronics circuits and conduct experiments, analyse and interpret data.
- Ability to design digital and analog systems and components.
- Ability to visualise and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary task.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, software, equipments and modern engineering tools to analyse problems.
- Ability to understand the professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- An understanding of the impact of engineering solutions on society and awareness of contemporary issues.
- Ability to develop the student’s ambitions of self education and their ability for lifelong learning.
- Ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, GRE, TOEFL.